Poria is a mushroom-like fungus that belongs to the Polyporaceae family. It generally grows around pine trees and is a well-known herb in Asia. Poria has been used extensively in Chinese medicine for decades because of its medicinal value.
- Studies have shown that one of the main benefits of poria is that it contains anti-cancer properties. It is widely used in Chinese medicine to treat malignant tumors. Furthermore, poria stimulates the immune system and inhibits the growth and proliferation of various tumors. Poria also helps enhance the positive effects of cancer treatments like radiation and chemotherapy while negating some of their side effects.
- Skin conditions like psoriasis can be treated with poria. It contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial to people suffering from psoriasis.
- The use of poria in various skin treatments is well known especially among Chinese women. This mushroom is used in topical applications to nourish, and moisturize the skin and eliminate problems like pimples, acne, oily skin, wrinkles, and dark spots. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, poria is now being commonly used in a number of cosmetic products to enhance beauty and youthfulness.
- Poria helps in increasing urination and reduces the accumulation of fluid in the body. Therefore, it is a good treatment for urinary problems, and edema.
- Poria is also well known for correcting problems related to the digestive system such as diarrhea, constipation, acidity, and other gastrointestinal issues. It promotes the discharge of digestive fluids and helps in better digestion and transit of food in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Poria is recommended for maintaining good liver, spleen and kidney health and preventing symptoms associated with the improper functioning of any of these organs.
- In Chinese medicine, poria is administered to patients suffering from problems like insomnia, restlessness, exhaustion, nervous anxiety, mental tension, and other sleep related problems.
- Poria is also a natural treatment for kidney diseases. Poria helps prevent and arrest the build up of antibodies in the kidneys that can ultimately lead to kidney failure. Experts recommend taking poria as a nourishing supplement in such cases for a number of weeks to stop inflammation in the kidneys. The action of poria is considered to be even more powerful compared to conventional steroids and drugs used for this purpose and negative side effects like weight gain, engorgement, and exhaustion can be avoided.
Poria mushroom appears to be safe for most people. There aren’t any known harmful effects of poria mushroom, but it hasn’t been well researched by scientists.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of poria mushroom during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
None are recorded.
Bai Fu Ling, Champignon Poria, China-root, Fu Ling, FuShen, Hoelen, Hongos Poria, Indian Bread, Matsuhodo, Mushroom, Polyporus, Poria, Poria cocos, Poria Cocos Sclerotium, Poria Sclerotium, Sclerotium of Tuckahoe, Sclerotium Poria Cocao, Sclerotium Poriae Cocos, Tuckahoe, Wolfiporia cocos