Poria mushroom is a fungus.
- The filaments, threads in which food material is stored, are used for medicine.
- In traditional medicine, poria mushroom filaments have been used for loss of memory (amnesia), anxiety, restlessness, fatigue, tension, nervousness, dizziness, urination problems, fluid retention, sleep problems (insomnia), an enlarged spleen, stomach problems, diarrhea, tumors, and to control coughing.
- Poria filaments have been used in various herbal combination products for treating diarrhea, ongoing kidney inflammation (chronic glomerulonephritis), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), and for decreasing upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract bleeding.
- Poria mushroom contains chemicals that might improve kidney function, lower serum cholesterol, reduce inflammation, and suppress immune function. It might also have antitumor and anti-vomiting effects.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of poria mushroom during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Bai Fu Ling, Champignon Poria, China-root, Fu Ling, FuShen, Hoelen, Hongos Poria, Indian Bread, Matsuhodo, Mushroom, Polyporus, Poria, Poria cocos, Poria Cocos Sclerotium, Poria Sclerotium, Sclerotium of Tuckahoe, Sclerotium Poria Cocao, Sclerotium Poriae Cocos, Tuckahoe, Wolfiporia cocos.