- Used for weight control
- Used for intestinal health
- Assist weight loss: Due to its bulking properties, psyllium husk can be a great aid for those seeking to lose weight. Taking it 30 minutes prior to a meal with a full glass of water allows the psyllium to expand, creating a full feeling!This can help those with bigger appetites to consume less, which can help to instill a healthier relationship with food in the long term. Consuming less food long term will inevitably help your stomach to shrink in size, therefore it will eventually become natural to require less food to reach satiety – in addition to added benefits of lower cholestrol and blood pressure!
- A great Natural source of Fibre: Busy lifestyles can often be the main cause of not getting enough fibre in the diet – Introducing pysllium husks into your daily routine may be just the trick to fix a few problems you’ve been having! However, do this gradually as adding too much fibre, too quickly, can result in bloating, stomach cramps and wind – all symptoms that are not too pleasant.
- Bowel Movement Improvement: Although this might not be the hottest topic for discussion, bowel function is essential to avoid problems like constipation (and subsequently haemorrhoids), which can have a huge impact on how we feel on a daily basis! Psyllium husks in your diet can help to ensure that you get enough fibre in order to keep your digestive system healthy. Not only can it relieve problems like diarrhea, but it can also aid chronic illnesses like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Prevents Discomfort: A healthy bowel may not seem like a significant health priority to some, however – you’ll be surprised how many problems will disappear once you’ve sorted out your digestive problems! Nothing worse than going about your day feeling sluggish and uncomfortable… These problems could be the main issue for your fatigue, why you’ve been lethargic and even the main culprit for your lack of motivation… Essentially, it’s important to keep ‘regular’ and we need fibre in order to aid this.
- Helps Control Blood Sugars: Rocketing blood sugar levels can be dangerous for both those with and without diabetes – those without should be cautious not to develop diabetes. Introducing more soluble fibre into your diet can help reduce rises in blood glucose levels – specifically after meal times! How? Even though fibre is known as a dietary carbohydrate, it is not broken down by the body into sugar molecules, unlike other carbs! Instead, it passes through the body, assists the maintenance of satisfactory blood sugar levels and helps to keeps hunger at bay.
- Gas or stomach cramping may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
If your doctor has directed you to use this product, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
This product must be taken with at least a full glass of water or other liquid (8 ounces/240 milliliters) so that it will not swell in the throat, causing choking. Seek immediate medical attention if after taking this product you have symptoms of choking such as: chest pain, vomiting, difficulty swallowing/breathing.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
- Please talk to your doctor.
Source: My Protein, http://www.myprotein.com/thezone/supplements/5-amazing-health-benefits-of-psyllium-husk/