- Pumpkin is a plant. The seed and its oil are used to make medicine.
- Treating bladder irritation
- Kidney infections
- Intestinal worms
- Trouble urinating due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Pumpkin is sometimes used in combination with herbs to treat symptoms of BPH.
- The roasted pumpkin seeds are considered a snack food.
- The chemicals in the pumpkin seed cause an increase in urination (diuretic effect), which helps relieve bladder discomfort. Pumpkin seed also contains a chemical that might kill intestinal worms.
Moderate Interaction Be cautious with this combination:
- Lithium interacts with PUMPKIN: Pumpkin might have an effect like a water pill or “diuretic.” Taking pumpkin might decrease how well the body gets rid of lithium. This could increase how much lithium is in the body and result in serious side effects. Talk with your healthcare provider before using this product if you are taking lithium. Your lithium dose might need to be changed.
Calabaza, Citrouille, Cucurbita galeottii, Cucurbita mammeata, Cucurbita pepo, Cucurbitea Peponis Semen, Cucumis pepo, Field Pumpkin, Graine de Citrouille, Huile de Graines de Citrouille, Pepo, Pumpkin Seed, Pumpkin Seed Oil.
Source: WebMD, “Pumpkin”, www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/