There are many things that people eat nowadays and one of them are raisins, they are essentially dried grapes, which can be eaten raw or cooked, whatever the consumer likes. It is widely used in baking and brewing. There are many types of grapes that you can find in the market and all of these kinds can be dried and called raisins, there are many kinds of raisins and each has a different taste and value. These raisins also have a lot of benefits and uses, if a person tries to bring them in their regular diet then he too can benefit from it.
- For Relief From Constipation
Constipation is something that can be very painful and irritating, there are many pills and supplements that you can eat in order to find relief from this problem, but the best way to do it is to do it naturally. Raisins can provide assistance in this field, when they enter the body they are in the shrunken form, but after they go a little way they start to swell up due to the body’s natural fluids. After they have swollen they enter the intestines and add bulk to the food which ultimately provides relief from constipation, besides this use it has many more uses.
- For Gaining Weight In A Healthy Way
If you are looking for great way to gain weight in a healthy way then consumption of raisins is always encouraged. This is because that raisins contain a lot of fructose and glucose, that is why they have a lot of potential energy. If look closely then you will find that athletes and body builders always eat raisins because they provide energy and powerful boosts that are required by the body.
- For Preventing Cancer
Whenever we hear about cancer then it changes our whole mood, it is such a painful illness and nobody wants to get it. Raisins also help in cancer prevention, this is a really big benefit which very few natural resources provide. They contain catechins which are polyphenolic antioxidants in the blood. Free radicals are one of the main factors that cause cancer and these antioxidants that are released from raisins finish and kill these radicals. This is not at all a cure, but it can surely slow down the process and prevent it from happening.
- Fructose and glucose are present in large amounts in raisins, they can constitute 72% of sugars by weight in such a small thing.
- Like dates, raisins are a complete meal, they contain 3% protein and fair amount of dietary fiber roughly around 3.7% to 6.8%.
- Like prunes and apricots, raisins also contain a high amount of antioxidants but have a lower amount of vitamin c.
- Like every other edible, raisins also have a fair share of cautions and side effects. If a person eats large quantities of grapes, raisins or sultanas then it might cause diarrhea.
- Some people also have allergies from raisins, these allergies can easily cause indigestion, nausea, cough, dry mouth and much more. If raisins are eaten in calculated amounts then people can lower the risk of experiencing these side effects.
Since raisins are dried grapes, the following interactions should be avoided:
- Phenacetin interacts with GRAPE
The body breaks down phenacetin to get rid of it. Drinking grape juice might increase how quickly the body breaks down phenacetin. Taking phenacetin along with grape juice might decrease the effectiveness of phenacetin.
- Warfarin (Coumadin) interacts with GRAPE
Warfarin (Coumadin) is used to slow blood clotting. Grape seed might also slow blood clotting. Taking grape seed along with warfarin (Coumadin) might increase the chances of bruising and bleeding. Be sure to have your blood checked regularly. The dose of your warfarin (Coumadin) might need to be changed.
- Zante Currant
- Corinth Raisins
- Corinthian Raisins
- Black Corinth