Red Rooibos is a type of caffeine-free tea made from the leaves of the Rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) bush plant that is found in South Africa..
The health benefits of red rooibos tea are abundant. This form of tea has traditionally been popular due to its great taste and unique color, while also boosting the health of the body. Rooibos tea or red tea is a medicinal, herbal beverage. According to the South African Rooibos Council, rooibos is not a true tea, but an herb. The fermented tea is red in color.
Health benefits of red rooibos tea include its use as a treatment for:
- Nagging headaches
- Bone weakness
- Premature aging.
- Stomach cramps
- Asthma and other related conditions
- It also boosts the immune system of the human body
- The herb is absolutely free from caffeine content and is also low in tannins.
- Rooibos tea is rich in many mineral contents such as iron, calcium, potassium, copper, fluoride, manganese, zinc, magnesium and alpha hydroxy acid. It also contains antioxidants like aspalathin and nothofagin, and the extremely potent and versatile phenolic compounds (flavanoids).
You can enjoy the refreshing beverage all day long with no possible side effects.
- Red rooibos tea has no oxalic acid and therefore, it can be consumed by people who have kidney stones.