- Reishi mushroom(Ganoderma lucidum) is a fungus that some people describe as “tough” and “woody” with a bitter taste. The fruiting body (above-ground part) and mycelium (filaments connecting a group of mushrooms) are used as medicine.
- Boosting the immune system
- Viral infections such as the flu (influenza), swine flu, and avian flu
- Llung conditions including asthma and bronchitis
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease.
- Altitude sickness
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Stomach ulcers
- Herpes pain.
- Reducing stress
- Preventing fatigue.
- In combination with other herbs, it is used to treat prostate cancer.
- Reishi mushroom contains chemicals that seem to have a variety of potentially beneficial effects, including activity against tumors (cancer) and beneficial effects on the immune system.
Basidiomycetes Mushroom, Champignon Basidiomycète, Champignon d’Immortalité, Champignon Reishi, Champignons Reishi, Ganoderma, Ganoderma lucidum, Hongo Reishi, Ling Chih, Ling Zhi, Mannentake, Mushroom, Mushroom of Immortality, Mushroom of Spiritual Potency, Red Reishi, Reishi, Reishi Antler Mushroom, Reishi Rouge, Rei-Shi, Spirit Plant.
Source: WebMD, “Reishi Mushroom”, www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/