Rhenium is a chemical element with symbol Re and atomic number 75.
- Rhenium is used with platinum as catalysts in the production of lead-free, high-octane gasoline.
- The metal is used in alloys for jet engines and in tungsten and molybdenum based alloys.
- It is widely used as filaments for mass spectrographs.
- Rhenium is also used as an electrical contact material.
- Rhenium catalysts are exceptionally resistant to poisoning from nitrogen, sulfur and phosphorous and are useful in the hydrogenation of fine chemicals.
- The toxicity of rhenium and its compounds is not well documented. Elemental rhenium has been described as ‘relatively inert’ in the body.
Unknown, please consult with your doctor
Source: Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhenium