Rhizoma chuanxiong is a herb used in the Chinese medicine.
Rhizoma chuanxiong is used to treat cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, respiratory and renal diseases.
- Invigorates Blood and Moves Qi.
- Expels Wind and Alleviates Pain.
- Important herb for headaches.
- Use with caution during pregnancy
- Avoid in patients with excess menses or prone to bleeding
- Do not use for Yin deficiency Fire with a red tongue and dry mouth
- Chuan Xiong may interfere with Anti-Coagulating drugs.
Szechuan Lovage Root
Source: ShenNongPen, http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/herbal/chuanxiong.html