Saccharomyces/xylinum/black tea ferment Commonly known as Kombucha. Boosts skin immune function and assists in restoring volume to deficient zones in the skin.
- It is the product of specially fermented black tea.
- It improves overall skin quality with an anti-glycation activity that enhances radiance and color.
- Its ability to redensify the adipocyte cells creates a lipo-filling effect. Skin will look smoother, fresher with decreased roughness.
- KOMBUCHA HEALTH BENEFIT #1 — DETOXIFICATION: Detoxification produces healthy livers and aides cancer prevention. One of kombucha’s greatest health benefits is its ability to detox the body. It is rich in many of the enzymes and bacterial acids your body produces and/or uses to detox your system, thus reducing your pancreatic load and easing the burden on your liver. Kombucha is very high in Glucaric acid, and recent studies have shown that glucaric acid helps prevent cancer. I know 2 people in my immediate circle of friends who have had cancer (pancreatic and breast) and fought it into remission without any chemo or radiation therapy. Instead, they warded it off by detoxing their lives (going 100% organic, removing chemical cleaners and agents in their home, changing their diet to be at least 80% raw or fermented, getting the latest running shoes like the ones reviewed right here, etc.) Central to the detoxification process was drinking Kombucha regularly. Even Alexander Solzhenitsyn, the recently deceased Russian author and nobel-prize winner, in his autobiography, claimed that kombucha tea cured his stomach cancer during his internment in soviet labor camps. (And because of this testimony, President Reagan used Kombucha to halt the spread of his cancer in 1987. You’ll note he didn’t die until 2004, and that was from old age, NOT cancer.)
- KOMBUCHA HEALTH BENEFIT #2 — JOINT CARE: Kombucha contains glucosamines, a strong preventive and treatment all forms of arthritis. Glucosamines increase synovial hyaluronic acid production. Hyaluronic acid functions physiologically to aid preservation of cartilage structure and prevent arthritic pain, with relief comparable to NSAIDs and advantage over glucocorticoids. Hyaluronic acid enables connective tissue to bind moisture thousands of times its weight and maintains tissue structure, moisture, lubrication and flexibility and lessens free radical damage, while associated collagen retards and reduces wrinkles.
- KOMBUCHA HEALTH BENEFIT #3 — AIDS DIGESTION AND GUT HEALTH: Because it’s naturally fermented with a living colony of bacteria and yeast, Kombucha is a probiotic beverage. This has a myriad of benefits such as improved digestion, fighting candida (harmful yeast) overgrowth, mental clarity, and mood stability. As such, it’s noted for reducing or eliminating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, etc.
- KOMBUCHA HEALTH BENEFIT #4 — IMMUNE BOOSTING: Kombucha is extraordinarily anti-oxidant rich, and you all know the benefits of anti-oxidants for boosting your immune system and energy levels.
- Acidosis: There have been many reports of severe acidosis, which is a life-threatening condition caused by an abnormally high amount of acid in the body, in people who had recently consumed kombucha tea. In 1995, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that two women were hospitalized with severe acidosis after drinking kombucha tea that they had made daily for two months. One of the women died, and the other’s heart stopped but she recovered. A 22-year-old HIV-positive male presented with lactic acidosis and died within 15 hours of drinking kombucha, as reported in a 2009 “Journal of Intensive Care Medicine.”
- Liver Damage: Liver damage is another side-effect associated with drinking kombucha. Although complete liver failure resulting in death is rare, it is not impossible. The 22-year-old who developed acidosis and died shortly after consuming kombucha tea also went into liver failure. More commonly, according to the American Cancer Society, liver damage occurs in kombucha drinkers as jaundice. As jaundice sets in, your skin starts to turn yellow, often followed by your eyes and nails.
Unknown, please consult with your doctor.
Kombucha, Long life fungus
Source: Dermalinstitute, https://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/library/glossary.html?l=S