- Setria® Glutathione is a tri-peptide consisting of three amino acids: glutamate, cysteine, and glycine. It is found to varying degrees in all cells, tissues, body fluids, and organ systems.
- Glutathione is recognized as the great protector. Without glutathione, each cell would become so ravaged by free radicals that it would disintegrate. A lack of glutathione would also negatively affect the liver and immune system. By fighting free radicals, glutathione supports the liver so it can carry out its job of detoxifying the body. Likewise, preventing free radical damage also helps promote a healthy immune system.
- Our bodies obtain glutathione in two ways: from the foods we eat and from our own internal production. Because of the body’s ability to make glutathione, it is not considered an “essential” nutrient. Under some conditions, though, the body’s need for glutathione is outpaced by its ability to produce it.
- Antioxidant: Eating, exercising, even breathing results in the creation of free radicals. These imbalanced molecules attack your body at the cellular level, robbing other molecules of electrons and setting off a chain reaction. This constant barrage impacts overall health and wellness, as well as how quickly you age. Setria supplies a potent store of antioxidants that bind to free radicals, keeping them from wreaking havoc throughout your body.*
- Glutathione does more than simply fight free radicals on its own. This antioxidant also has the ability to regenerate other antioxidants, such as vitamin C and vitamin E.* After these antioxidants neutralize free radicals, they become unstable radicals themselves. Glutathione helps recycle these unstable molecules, returning them to active duty.
- Detoxification: Glutathione supports the function of your liver, kidneys, GI tract and intestines—your body’s major detoxification pathways.
Glutathione helps in two main ways:
- Helps eliminate toxins and ingested chemicals that the body has already absorbed
- Intercepts and neutralizes toxins in the GI tract before they are even absorbed
- Immune Health:
Glutathione helps fortify your immune system in two important ways:
- Plays a central role in the proper function of white blood cells, including T cell lymphocytes—the frontline soldiers of the immune system.
- There is evidence that glutathione stimulates the natural killing ability of immune cells.
- Skin Health: Setria is an ultra-pure glutathione manufactured in Japan that is backed by years of research. A high-quality, allergen-free ingredient, Setria is the perfect choice for dietary supplements and beauty products promising to deliver skin care benefits.
- UV rays penetrate deeply in to the dermis and can cause premature skin aging by damaging the collagen fibers. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that protects the collagen fibers from free radical damage to protect the elasticity of the skin.
- Exposure to UVB increases the number of melanocytes which leads to hyperpigmentation that darkens the skin. It has been reported that glutathione reduces melanin production by suppressing the activity of tyrosinase and switching the eumelanin synthesis to pheomelanin synthesis.