- Silver is a metallic element that has several antibiotic properties. Silver hydrosol, also known as colloidal silver, is silver particles suspended in a liquid.
- Silver hydrosol has many purported medical uses, and you can purchase this form of silver as a health supplement. including silver hydrosol.
- Colloidal silver can kill certain germs by binding to and destroying proteins.
- Boosting the Immune System and Treating Illnesses: According to “Colloidal Silver: Antibiotic Superhero,” silver hydrosol can boost your immune system by helping your body fight bacteria, fungi and viruses. Additionally, you can use silver hydrosol to treat sore throats, pink eye and the common cold.
- Antimicrobial Function of Silver: According to “Colloidal Silver Today: The All Natural, Wide-Spectrum Germ Killer,” silver hydrosol also has antimicrobial benefits, and you can use these supplements as ointments on minor burns and minor skin wounds. As an external ointment, the main purpose of using silver hydrosol is to limit infections, not to cure already existing infections.
- Cancer, Diabetes and HIV: According to “Colloidal Silver Medical Uses, Toxicology and Manufacture,” silver hydrosol may also offer benefits in treating certain types of cancers, diabetes and the human immunodeficiency virus.
- Alternative Medicine: Manufacturers of silver hydrosol products typically recommend using this product as a health supplement to support your immune system. Some manufacturers even purport that you can use silver hydrosol instead of antibiotics to treat infections in your body. According to “Colloidal Silver: Antibiotic Superhero,” you can also use this supplement to treat scarlet fever, syphilis and herpes.
- You should always speak with a medical professional prior to consuming any health supplement.
- Side effects associated with the use of silver hydrosol include flu-like symptoms including chills, nausea and fever, skin irritation and possible kidney damage over time.
- The most common side effect associated with silver hydrosol is argyria, or mild silver poisoning. Symptoms of argyria include discoloration of your skin, fingers, nails and internal organs. While not life threatening, in most cases you can not reverse the discoloration associated with argyria.
- There are no known interactions between silver hydrosol and other drugs. You should also speak with a medical professional prior to taking any silver hydrosol supplement.
Argent Colloïdal, Argent Ionique, Argent Natif, Argentum Metallicum, Colloidal Silver Protein, Ionic Silver, Native Silver, Plata Coloidal, Protéine d’Argent, Silver, Silver Alginate, Silver in Suspending Agent, Silver Protein, Tetrasilver Tetroxide, Tétroxyde de Tétra-Argent.
- Source: Allison, Adams, “What is Silver Hydrosol?”,28 Jan 2014, www.livestrong.com/article/466863-what-is-silver-hydrosol/
- Source: WebMD, “Colloidal Silver”, www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/