Chlorophyllin is a chemical that is made from chlorophyll. People use it as a medicine.
- Older people take chlorophyllin for controlling body, fecal, and urine odors; and for treating constipation and gas (flatulence).
- Red blood cells: Chlorophyll aids in restoring and replenishing the red blood cells. Chlorophyll works at molecular and cellular levels and has the ability to regenerate our body. Chlorophyll is rich in live enzymes which helps in cleansing of blood and enhances the ability of the blood to carry more oxygen. Chlorophyll is a blood builder and is also effective against anemia which is caused by the deficit of red blood cells in the body.
- Cancer: Chlorophyll is effective against cancer such as human colon cancer and stimulates the induction of apoptosis. It provides protection against a wide range of carcinogens present in the air, cooked meats and grains. Studies have made it evident that chlorophyll helps in restraining the gastrointestinal absorption of harmful toxins also known as aflatoxin in the body. Chlorophyll and its derivative chlorophyllin inhibit the metabolism of these procarcinogens which may impair the DNA and also lead to liver cancer and hepatitis. Further studies conducted in this regard have advocated the chemo preventive effects of chlorophyll attributing to its antimutagenic properties. Another research has shown the efficacy of dietary chlorophyll as a phytochemical compound in the reduction of tumorigenesis.
- Antioxidant power: Chlorophyll possesses strong antioxidant capacity along with a significant amount of essential vitamins. These effective radical scavengers in chlorophyll help to neutralize harmful molecules and guard against the development of various diseases and damages caused as a consequence of oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
- Arthritis: The anti-inflammatory properties of chlorophyll are beneficial for arthritis. Studies have shown that chlorophyll and its derivatives interfere with the growth of bacteria induced inflammation. This protective nature of chlorophyll makes it a potent ingredient for the preparation of phytomedicines for treating painful medical conditions such as fibromyalgia and arthritis.
- Detoxification: Chlorophyll has purifying qualities which helps in detoxification of the body. Abundance of oxygen and healthy flow of blood because of chlorophyll in the body encourages it to get rid of harmful impurities and toxins. Chlorophyll forms complexes with the mutagens and has the ability to bind and flush out the toxic chemicals and heavy metals such as mercury from the body. This helps in the detoxifying and reviving the liver. It is also effective in reducing the harmful effects of radiations and helps eliminate pesticides and drug deposits from the body.
- Anti-aging: Chlorophyll helps in combating the effects of aging and supports in maintaining healthy tissues attributing to the richness of antioxidants and presence of magnesium. It stimulates the anti aging enzymes and encourages healthy and youthful skin. In addition to this, vitamin K present in chlorophyll clean and rejuvenates the adrenal glands and improves the adrenal functions in the body.
- Digestive health: Chlorophyll promotes healthy digestion by maintaining intestinal flora and stimulating the bowel movements. It acts as a natural drug to the intestinal tract and helps in the renewal of wounded bowel tissues. Diets which are deficient in green vegetables and include majorly red meat pose an enhanced risk of colon disorders. As per the research, chlorophyll facilitates colon cleansing by inhibiting the cytotoxicity induced by dietary heme and preventing the proliferation of colonocytes. It is effective in constipation and alleviates the discomfort caused by gas.
- Insomnia: Chlorophyll has a calming effect on the nerves and is helpful in reducing the symptoms of insomnia, nervous irritability and general body fatigue.
- Anti-microbial properties: Chlorophyll has effective antimicrobial properties. Recent studies have shown the healing effect of alkaline chlorophyll based solution in combating a medical condition called Candida albicans which is an infection caused by the overgrowth a kind of yeast called candida already present in small amounts in the human body.
- Stronger immunity: Chlorophyll aids in strengthening of the cell walls and overall immune system of the body attributing to its alkaline nature. Anaerobic bacteria which promote the development of diseases cannot survive in the alkaline environment offered by chlorophyll. Along with this, chlorophyll is an oxygenator which encourages body’s ability to fight diseases and boosts the energy levels and accelerates healing process.
- Deodorizing properties: Chlorophyll is a valued for its deodorizing properties. It is an effective remedy to combat bad breath and is used in mouthwashes. Poor digestive health is one of the major causes of bad breath. Chlorophyll performs dual action by eliminating the stink from mouth and throat and also stimulates digestive health by cleansing the colon and the blood stream. The deodorizing effect of chlorophyll is also effectual on stinking wounds. It is administered orally to the patients suffering from colostomies and metabolic disorders such as trimethylaminuria to reduce fecal and urinary odor.
- Wound healing: Chlorophyll is a super wound healer. Studies have stated that topical usage of chlorophyll solutions is effective in the treatment of exposed wounds and burns. It helps in reducing local inflammation, strengthens the body tissues, aids in killing germs and improves the resistance of cells against infections. Chlorophyll prevents the growth of bacteria by disinfecting the environment and making it hostile for bacterial growth and speeds up healing. Chlorophyll therapy is also quite effective in the treatment of chronic varicose ulcers of the leg.
- Blood clotting: Chlorophyll contains vitamin K which is vital for normal clotting of blood. It is used in naturopathy for the treatment of nose bleeds and for the females suffering from anemic conditions and heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Kidney stones: Chlorophyll helps in preventing the formation of kidney stones. The vitamin K present in chlorophyll form essential compounds in the urine and aids in reducing the growth of calcium oxalate crystals.
- Sinusitis: Chlorophyll is effective in the treatment of various respiratory infections and other conditions such as cold, rhinitis and sinusitis.
- Hormonal balance: Chlorophyll is beneficial for maintaining sexual hormonal balance in both males and females. Vitamin E present in chlorophyll helps to stimulate the production of testosterone in males and estrogen in females.
- Pancreatitis: Chlorophyll is administered intravenously by the healthcare professionals in the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. According to the research conducted in this regard, chlorophyll helps in relieving the fever and alleviates the abdominal pain and discomfort caused by pancreatitis without causing any side effects.
- Oral health: Chlorophyll helps in the treatment of dental problems such as pyorrhea. It is utilized for curing the symptoms of oral infections and calming inflamed and bleeding gums.
- Culinary usage: Along with its regular consumption, chlorophyll and its derivative chlorophyllin also serve as a food additive and are used to provide green color to a variety of foods and beverages. Chlorophyll has a registered E number E141 and is known as natural green 3.
- Chlorophyllin seems to be safe for most people.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of chlorophyllin during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
- We currently have no information for chlorophyllin Interactions. Please consult with your doctor.
Chlorophylline, Chlorophylline de Cuivre Sodique, Chlorophylline de Sodium et Cuivre, Clorofilina, Sel Cuprique de la Chlorophylle, Sodium Copper Chlorophyll