Streptococcus Thermophilus is a powerful probiotic strain that has well researched health benefits. This probiotic is often found in the colon and has many digestive, immunity & many other researched health benefits.
- S. thermophilus is used for culturing cheese as well as yogurt.
- This probiotic strain also produces lactase, which helps people digest milk more efficiently.
- Streptococcus thermophilus also produces antibiotic chemicals to prevent infection from infections like pneumonia, C. difficile and can help prevent ulcers.
- improve digestion
- reduce antibiotic associated diarrhea
- decrease ulcerative colitis symptoms
- decrease leaky gut symptoms
- improve lactose digestion
- decrease IBS symptoms
- decrease acute diarrhea
- prevent & fight upper respiratory infections (eg. pneumonia)
- prevent ulcers caused by H. pylori
- decrease AIDS symptoms
- fight Clostridium difficile
- increase immunity
- additional health benefits
- improve non-breast-fed infant probiotic flora
- reduce symptoms of atopic dermatitis
- decrease chance of kidney stones
- increase HDL (good cholesterol)
- increase anti-tumor activity
- decrease baby colic