Sweet Orange Oil
Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil) has a sweet, fresh, fruity and tangy scent. It extracted from the peels of both sweet and sour oranges by cold compression.
- Used in Perfume & Aromatherapy
- Commonly used as a flavoring in food and drink
- Also used for its antibacterial, protective and detoxifying properties
- helps to maintain a healthy circulatory system
- encouraging healthy digestion
- help with colds and flu by eliminating toxins and stimulating the lymphatic system
- increases the production of collagen, so it can help remove fine lines, discourage formation of wrinkles, reduce puffiness and promote younger-looking skin
- anti inflammatory qualities that help to soothe dry, irritated skin in cases of dermatitis and acne
- Uplifting for the emotions and promotes relaxation.
- The peel of sweet orange is used to increase appetite; reduce phlegm; and treat coughs, colds, intestinal gas (flatulence), acid indigestion (dyspepsia), and cancerous breast sores. It is also used as a tonic.
- Sweet orange juice is used for treating kidney stones (nephrolithiasis) and high cholesterol; and preventing high blood pressure and stroke, as well as prostatecancer.
Orange Oil is likely safe for children and adults when taken in the amounts found in food. Orange essential oil is possibly safe when applied to the skin or inhaled as aromatherapy but can be possibly unsafe when taken as a supplement for a medical purpose such as weight loss. Orange oil, particularly when taken with stimulants such as caffeine or caffeine-containing herbs, increases the risk for high blood pressure, fainting, heart attack, stroke, and other severe side effects. There are reports that bitter orange can trigger headaches, including migraine and cluster headaches, in some people. Orange oil can cause sensitivity to the sun. Wear sunblock outside, especially if you are light-skinned.
Caffeine, Dextromethorphan, Felodipine, Stimulant drugs and Medications for depression (MAOIs) interact with Sweet Orange Oil
Bioflavonoid Complex, Bioflavonoid Concentrate, Bioflavonoid Extract, , Bioflavonoïde d’Agrumes, Bioflavonoïdes, Bioflavonoids, Blood Orange, Citri Sinensis, Citrus, Citrus aurantium, Citrus aurantium var. dulcis, Citrus aurantium var. sinensis, Citrus Bioflavones, Citrus Bioflavonoid, Citrus Bioflavonoid Extract, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Citrus Extract, Citrus Flavones, Citrus Flavonoids, Citrus macracantha, Citrus Peel Extract, Citrus Seed Extract, Citrus sinensis, Complexe de Bioflavonoïde, Concentré de Bioflavonoïde, Extrait d’Agrume, Extrait de Bioflavonoïde, Extrait de Bioflavonoïde d’Agrumes, Extrait de Zeste d’Agrume, Flavonoïdes d’Agrumes, Flavonoids, Jaffa Orange, Jus d’Orange, Naranja Dulce, Navel Orange, Orange, Orange de Jaffa, Orange de Valence, Orange Douce, Orange Douce Sauvage, Orange Juice, Orange Peel, Orange Sanguine, Pericarpium, Red Orange, Shamouti Orange, Shamouti Sweet Orange, Valencia Orange, Wild Orange, Wild Sweet Orange, Zeste d’Orange, Zeste d’Orange Douce.
Source: WebMD, “Sweet Orange”, http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/
See Also: Citrus Aurantium