It is an excellent source of vitamin C and a very good source of fiber. Other important nutrients include folic acid, potassium, carotenes, and flavonoids.
The powder can have the following benefits for you:
- Antiseptic: The mellow, aromatic tangerine has natural antiseptic qualities that defend the body against staphylococcus aureus, the much dreaded bacteria responsible for spreading septic in human body. The essential oil of tangerine contains specific element that act against these bacteria and helps cure septic. The essential tangerine oil can be externally used on open wounds or consumed orally too
- Spasms: Tangerine actually relieves the body of painful body spasms. Spasms often affect more than just the muscles of the body and are known to affect respiratory system, digestive system and nervous system. Tangerine has calming effect on nerves and is believed to relax organic systems and relieve spasms.
- Body: Tangerine is regarded as a cytophylactic, as it stimulates cell division and generates new cells. Surprising it may sound, but this tangy fruit actually helps to repair all external wear and tear or any great damages done to the body.
- Blood: Tangerine is a rich blood purifying agent and is widely used a depurative. It is known to assist in the excretion of toxic and unwanted substances from the body such as uric acid, extra salt, pollutants and water. It is also known to boost body’s capacity to the retain oxygen in the erythrocytes (red blood cells), thus helping in purification of blood.
- Relaxing: Tangerine is known to have a relaxing effect on nerves and is used to soothe fevered brows. It alleviates all types of inflammations and hyperactivity in human body. It is used as a sedative against fever, poison, paroxysms, anxiousness, stress, allergic reaction and more. It is also known to sedate depressive disorder, calm down anger and check whimsical responses.
- Stomach: Tangerine is known to be stomachic that assists to keep the stomach in good condition. It aids in proper flow of digestive juices, maintains right balance between acid and bile and cures all stomach infections and inflammations.
- Boost metabolism: Tangerine, especially its essential oil, is widely favored as tonic that aids in proper functioning of the body, boost metabolism, and help in decomposition of and absorption of nutrients by toning up the liver, stomach and intestines.
- Inmune system: Tangerine is known to tone up the nervous system and helps one stay more alert and active. It also boosts the immune system and keeps all infections at bay.
- Other Benefits: It helps in growth and development, proper excretion, promotion of the endocrinal secretions of hormones and enzymes.
Choose tangerine juice powder with no artificial flavour or sweeteners.
None are recorded.
Source: Freshlydried, http://www.freshlydried.com/tangerine-dried-fruit-bag