- Found in many different plant species including vanilla and the Chinese quince (Pseudocydonia sinensis) fruit.
- Vanillic acid is a benzoic acid derivative used as a flavoring agent. It is an oxidized form of vanillin produced during the conversion of vanillin to ferulic acid.
- Antioxidant:Stronger than vanillin or Vitamin C as an antioxidant
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Source: Hamauzu, Yasunori and Nakamura, Kazutoshi; “Changes in Plasma Phenolic Metabolites of Rats Administered Different Molecular-Weight Polyphenol Fractions from Chinese Quince Fruit Extracts”, 18 MAR 2014, Journal of Food Biochemistry, Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 407–414, onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jfbc.12067/abstract
- Source: elemental-elixir.eu/vanillic-acid/