Wheat Middlings are the product of the wheat milling process that is not flour.
- Used to produce foods like pasta, breakfast cereals, puddings, and couscous for humans, as well as fodder for livestock and pets. They are also being researched for use as a biofuel.
- A good source of protein, fiber, phosphorus, and other nutrients.
- It has 96 percent of the energy value of barley and 91 percent of the energy value of corn. Midds are palatable feedstuffs and can be included in the grain mixture at high levels.
- Taking wheat bran by mouth is LIKELY SAFE for most people, including children. It may cause gas (flatulence) and stomach discomfort, especially when first used.
- Not known.
- millfeed, wheat mill run, or wheat midds
Source: Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_middlings