Palm oil is obtained from the fruit of the oil palm tree.
- Palm oil is used for preventing vitamin A deficiency
- treating malaria
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Cyanide poisoning
- Weight loss and increasing the body’s metabolism
- Brain disease
- As food, palm oil is used for frying.
- Industrially, palm oil is used for manufacturing cosmetics, soaps, toothpaste, waxes, lubricants, and ink.
- Palm oil contains saturated and unsaturated fats, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. It also possibly antioxidant effects.
Aceite de Palma, African Palm Oil, Crude Palm Oil, Elaeis guineensis, Elaeis melanococca, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Huile de Palme, Huile de Palme Brute, Huile de Palme Rouge, Huile de Palmiste, Main Ja, Oil Palm Tree, Palm, Palm Fruit Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Palm Oil Carotene, Palmier à Huile, Red Palm Oil.
Source: WebMD, “Palm Oil”, www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/