- A home herbal remedy known to help treat depression, aurum metallicum is a form of the element gold. The remedy is used to aid in treating a variety of other health complaints, including osteoporosis and joint pain. It may also be used for micro-nutritional needs.
- This homeopathic remedy can also be found in seawater, volcanic soil, or certain fruits and vegetables. It is most commonly used to treat hepatitis, osteoporosis, rheumatism, frequent headaches, arthritis, and general pain of the bones or joints. Another common ailment the treatment is used for is mercury poisoning. The element may be used to treat alcoholism and other conditions requiring withdrawal support as well.
- Many people who use homeopathic treatments believe that aurum metallicum can be used for heart issues as well. These may include arrhythmia, angina, and other conditions. Weakened hearts are said to be made stronger by the remedy, and it may also make hearts more durable, decreasing the likelihood of future heart attacks or other problems. High blood pressure is said to be lowered, if not completely normalized, by taking the compound regularly.
- Mental health issues and nerve disorders, like chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, anorexia nervosa, hypertension, manic depression, postpartum depression, and anxiety, may also be aided with the remedy. Sleep issues, such as insomnia and nightmares, may also be helped. It’s also used for hormonal imbalances, particularly those involving the pituitary gland.
- Some homeopaths maintain that aurum metallicum strengthens the immune system, and it is also said to cure infertility. Other conditions the metal is said to either aid or cure include mastoiditis, hallucinations, connective tissue disease, sinusitis, endocarditis, uterine fibroids, and undescended testes.
- Used as a micro-nutrient, the homeopathic medicine can provide various common vitamin and mineral functions. It may help prevent disease of the eye, and it may enhance overall eye health by restoring weak eyesight. Swollen glands, secondary syphilis, and congestion may also be alleviated with gold. In ancient times, the remedy was used as an anti-scrofulous and anti-venereal treatment.
- Other names for the medicine include aurum or aurum met. Aurum metallicum is available in both liquid and pellet form. Liquid doses are usually sold in 0.25 ounce (7 milliliter) to 4 ounce (118 milliliter) vials. Pellets can be dissolved on the tongue. A practicing medical professional should be consulted prior to using this remedy.
- This is a homeopathic remedy. Please consult your doctor before administering homeopathic remedies and proceed with caution.
See Homeopathy for more information.