BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene)
- BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene)is a lab-made chemical.
- BHT is added to foods as a preservative. People also use it as medicine.
- BHT is used to treat genital herpes and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Some people apply BHT directly to the skin for cold sores.
- BHT is an antioxidant. It may damage the protective outer layer of viral cells. This may keep the viruses from multiplying and/or doing more damage.
2,6-di-tert-butyl-p-creosol, Butil Hidroxitolueno, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Butylhydroxytoluene, Butylhydroxytoluène, Butyl Hydroxytoluène, Dibutylated Hydroxytoluene, Dibutylhydroxytoluène, Hydroxytoluène Butylé.
Source: WebMD, “BHT”www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/