- Definition: Candida albicans (sometimes referred to as monilia) is a fungus that is normally present on the skin and in mucous membranes such as the vagina, mouth, or rectum. The fungus also can travel through the blood stream and affect the throat, intestines, and heart valves.
- Description: Candida albicans becomes an infectious agent when there is some change in the body environment that allows it to grow out of control.
- Causes: Most of the time, candida infections of the mouth, skin, or vagina occur for no apparent reason. A common cause of infection may be the use of antibiotics that destroy beneficial, as well as harmful, microorganisms in the body, permitting candida to multiply in their place. The resulting condition is known as candidiasis moniliasis, or a “yeast” infection.
- Candida albicans are a homeopathic remedy.
- Candida Albicans can be used for symptoms from overabundance of candida yeast. Candida can result in a myriad of health problems such as overwhelming fatigue throughout the day, general malaise, toxicity, *congestion, headaches, indigestion, poor bowel functions, achy joints, poor memory, mood swings, mold allergies, itching, burning.
- Infections caused by the microorganism, candida albicans, develop when there is a lack of beneficial bacteria. This most commonly occurs when antibiotics are used which inadvertently kill off beneficial bacteria. *Remember homeopathic Candida Albicans 30C following antibiotic use in order to rebalance beneficial bacteria.
- Overgrowth of candida in the body may be caused or worsened when pH is too acidic or too alkaline; from poor nutrition; from over consumption of sugar; use of birth control pills; hormonal imbalance or compromised immunity from antibiotic medication.
- Candida Albicans can be beneficial to vaginal yeast infections with symptoms of itching, burning, redness and irritation.
- Candida Albicans may help prevent future occurrences of infection.
- Candida Albicans may be abbreviated Candida or Candida Alb.
- Yeast infections are caused by the microorganism Candida Albicans. Candida can overrun beneficial bacteria in the body when antibiotics are used.
- DOSING for various scenarios:
- Suggested dose during any antibacteria regime and after antibiotics: 3 pellets as one dose. Take one dose 3 times daily during and continue for 1 week after antibiotics.
- Systemic candidiasis is when overgrowth is throughout the body and may be impacting multiple systems.
- Suggested dose for systemic candida is 3 pellets as one dose. Take one dose daily. Take with less frequency as improvement is made.
- This is a homeopathic remedy. Please consult your doctor before administering homeopathic remedies and proceed with caution.
- Source: www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408/312.html
- Source: www.elixirs.com/products.cfm?productcode=S11
See Homeopathy for more information.