Cannabis sativa seed oil refers to the oil derived from the cannabis sativa plant which are typically bred for their potent trichomes. These sticky glands contain high amounts of a substance commonly referred to as THC or tetrahydrocannabinol which is well known for its psychotropic abilities.
- Medicinal uses.
- Cannabis sativa seed oil is a nutritious oil rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and essential fatty acids including Omegas 3,6 & 9 and GLA.
- It has the benefits of being non-greasy, so is suitable for all skin types, especially oilier ones.
- It can be used to balance combination skins and is very anti-aging, though it would need to be blended with other gentler oils for use with very dry or sensitive skins.
- As it is also anti-inflammatory and healing, it is an excellent choice for using in products for acne skins. It blends well with Apricot oil in a massage base and with Jojoba to condition the hair.
- irritation to the lungs, risk of developing chronic bronchitis and an increased risk of developing cancer of the respiratory tract (more likely to do with smoking).
- exacerbation of pre-existing cardiovascular disease, as cannabis use significantly raises the heart rate.
- decreased concentration levels, reduced short-term memory and difficulties with thinking and learning (resolved if cannabis use stops).
- decreased sex drive in some people. Chronic use can lower sperm count in males and lead to irregular periods in females (resolved if cannabis use stops).
- dependence on cannabis – compulsive need to use the drug, coupled with problems associated with chronic drug use.
- Do not drink alcohol while using cannabis. Alcohol will increase dizziness, drowsiness, and impaired judgment.
- Cannabis may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness, including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines, sedatives (used to treat insomnia), pain relievers, anxiety medicines, seizure medicines, and muscle relaxants.
Source: DrAxe, https://draxe.com/cannabis-oil/