GABA is a chemical that is made in the brain.
- GABA is taken by mouth for relieving anxiety, improving mood, reducing symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and treating attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is also used for promoting lean muscle growth, burning fat, stabilizing blood pressure, and relieving pain.
- GABA is used under the tongue for increasing the sense of well-being, relieving injuries, improving exercise tolerance, decreasing body fat, and increasing lean body weight.
- GABA works by blocking brain signals (neurotransmissions).
- GABA is LIKELY SAFE when taken correctly by mouth for short periods of time, up to 12 weeks.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of GABA during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Acide Bêta-Phényl-Gamma-Amino-Butyrique, Acide Gamma-Aminobutyrique, Ácido Gama-Aminobutríco, Beta-Phenyl-Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, GABA, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, Gamma-aminobutyric Acid.
Source: WebMD,”GABA”, www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/