Helianthemum is an evergreen shrub. The flower is used for medicinal remedies.
- People take Helianthemum to treat panic, stress, extreme fright or fear, and anxiety; and for promoting calmness and relaxation.
- Helianthemum is a leading medication in a constant condition of advanced nerviness, particularly if it is accompanied by recurring starting and internal trembling.
- In addition, Helianthemum is also beneficial for people enduring every type of anxiety disorders, following traumatic stress disorder as well as in adjustment disorder which when compared to post-traumatic stress disorder is a gentler reaction to a less acute ordeal associated with fright or panic.
- When one is experiencing such a terrified condition, additional feelings generating from terror are extremely powerful, brought by the internal strength and pace of the ‘fight or flight’ reaction. While combating or fighting, we notice the extra sentiments of fury, hate, unreasonable bitterness and annoyance, while the flight or escaping activates sentiments of desolation, vulnerability or of being seized.
- In addition to unceasing anxiety, in the instance of continual case of tenseness, the sufferer may easily be in tears, yearning for assistance, yearning for harmony and respite – such sentiments are typical for individuals who are mainly engaging in the fight or combat reaction. The fight response will explain why people of so-called Rock Rose personality endure constant anxiety and belligerence towards other people; or why an individual may perhaps be wavering between these two extremes; more often than not, illogical owing to dread and abrupt precipitation of sentiments, which exist in both instances.
- A Bach Flower Remedy, Helianthemum is effective in all situations wherein there is a requirement to transform the pulsations of intense fright or panic. In the acute Helianthemum state, people who require this remedy may turn out to be firm, trembling or turned into stone owing to intense fear. In fact, in such situations, the sufferers may also be paralyzed due to terror or experiencing the type of blind panic which generates the desire to escape to any place, except where they are presently located. Such propensity to panic during any emergency situation or to have horrifying nightmares also points towards the patient’s requirement for Helianthemum remedy.
- There is not enough information to know if rock rose is safe or what the possible side effects might be. Please consult with your doctor.
Cistus, Cistus creticus, Cistus lusitanicus, Cistus nummularius, Common Rock Rose, European Rock Rose, Geel Zonneroosje, Heliantemo, Hélianthème Commun, Hélianthème à Feuilles Arrondies, Hélianthème à Grandes Fleurs, Hélianthème Jaune, Hélianthème Nummulaire, Hélianthème Sombre, Hélianthème Tomenteux, Helianthemum arcticum, Helianthemum berterianum, Helianthemum chamaecistus, Helianthemum grandiflorum, Helianthemum hirsutum, Helianthemum nitidum, Helianthemum nummularium, Helianthemum obscurum, Helianthemum ovatum, Helianthemum pyrenaicum, Helianthemum semiglabrum, Helianthemum serpyllifolium, Helianthemum tomentosum, Helianthemum vulgare, Helianto, Ladanum.
Source: WebMD, http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1153-rock%20rose.aspx?activeingredientid=1153&activeingredientname=rock%20rose
Herbs 2000, http://www.herbs2000.com/h_menu/bfr_rock_rose.htm