- Iceland moss is used for treating mouth and throat irritation, loss of appetite, common cold, dry cough, bronchitis, indigestions, fevers, lung disease, kidney and bladder issues, and infection.
- Iceland moss is also used as an emergency food source in Iceland and as a flavoring in alcoholic beverages.
- Iceland moss is said to have a soothing actions. Iceland moss is also said to reduce the growth of bacteria.
- Iceland moss is UNSAFE when consumed in large amounts as it might be contaminated with lead.
- Iceland moss is UNSAFE for pregnant and breast-feeding women.
- Iceland moss might irritate the digestive tract lining. Avoid use if you have stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- Taking Iceland moss may decrease the effectiveness of other medications being used simultaneously.
Centraria, Cetraria islandica, Eryngo-leaved Liverwort, Iceland Lichen, Lichen d’Islande, Lichen Islandicus, Liquen de Islandia, Mousse d’Islande, Musgo de Islandia.