Myrobalan (fruit extract) is a species of Terminalia, native to South Asia from India and Nepal east to southwest China (Yunnan), and south to Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
is taken by mouth for high cholesterol, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), diabetes, pain and swelling of the pancreas (pancreatitis), cancer,upset stomach, eye problems, joint pain, diarrhea, bloody diarrhea (dysentery),osteoarthritis, obesity, and “organ restoration.” It is also used to kill germs and reduce pain and swelling caused by the body’s reaction to injury or illness (inflammation).
1. The powder of the fruit of Emblic myrobalan (amla), myrobalan (har) and belleric myrobalan (bahera) when mixed in equal proportion is called “Triphala-churna”. This powder has great medicinal properties. It destroys the excessive humor of phlegm and bile. It is also beneficial in leprocy and in checking the emanation of sperm and other vital humors thorough urine. It also cures constipation and develops the power of sight. It is beneficial for people having high blood pressure.
2. If very finely powdered “Amla” is taken with two spoonful of honey followed by a glass of cow’s milk for two months, it makes a man powerful and full of strength. It also purifies the blood and makes a man fit.
3. If 20-25 grams of raw amla juice is taken midway during the lunch and dinner mixed with water, it strengthens the mind as well as the heart.
4. Sugar mixed in amla juice, if taken daily in the morning, cures the inflammation in the private organ of the woman.
5. If paste made up of fine powder of amla is pasted on the face before going to sleep and washed up in the morning with soap, then the skin becomes soft and shining.
6. If three grams of filtered powder of amla is taken with one spoonful of honey for 40 days a woman suffering from leucorrhoea gets cured.
7. If 3 spoonful of fresh amla juice is taken with one spoonful of honey for fourty days, diabetes gets cured.
8. If the hairs are washed with the water in which dry amla has been soaked for two months, hair fall stops.
9. If a glass of water mixed with filtered powder of amla and raw sugar (gur) is taken for 40 days rehumatism gets cured.
10. Massaging the gums with amla juice mixed with camphor cures toothache.
11. If powdered “amla” mixed with honey is taken then cough gets cured.
12. If powdered “amla”(one spoonful) is taken either with cows milk or whey, then bleeding piles get cured.
No side effects are known.
None are recorded.
Source: AuyrvedicBenefit, http://ayurvedic-benefit.blogspot.bg/2010/01/emblic-myrobalan-amla.html