Suntheanine is the trade name for Taiyo’s patented pure form of L-theanine. Theanine is an amino acid (a building block for proteins) found in green tea.
People use theanine for treating anxiety and high blood pressure, for preventing Alzheimer’s disease, and for making cancer drugs more effective.
- There are a number of nootropic benefits which have become associated with Suntheanine and L-Theanine over the years. Most notably these supplements are capable of inducing an overall feeling of calm and relaxation. Reviews characterized this effect of Suntheanine by pointing out that you still remain very mentally alert when using it. Instead of a sleepy or fatigued sense of relaxation, you will likely experience a peaceful state of focus and awareness.
- Another related benefit is that this supplement eliminates stress and reduces levels of anxiety. As your excitatory beta brain waves are moderated, it is almost unavoidable that feelings of stress will dissipate. It is also thought that Suntheanine helps to boost levels of another neurotransmitter within the brain, Dopamine. This chemical is considered to regulate mood and movement and is described as a “feel good” neurotransmitter. It may further modulate some of the stimulatory neurotransmitters which can contribute to a feeling of anxiousness.
- Suntheanine is a highly purified form of Theanine and is considered to be pharmaceutical grade. One of the main differences between the two is that Suntheanine is a much more powerful anti-oxidant. It is capable of removing dangerous elements like free radicals from cells in the brain and body. Suntheanine may also boost the immune system and promote detoxification throughout the body. Your overall health is improved and you will be much less prone to getting a disease or even catching the flu.
- Theanine is POSSIBLY SAFE when used by mouth, short-term. Theanine has been used one time per week for 3 weeks. It is not known if use for longer periods of time is safe.
- Medications for high blood pressure (Antihypertensive drugs) interacts with THEANINE
Theanine seems to decrease blood pressure. Taking theanine along with medications for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix), and many others.
- Stimulant drugs interacts with THEANINE
Stimulant drugs speed up the nervous system. By speeding up the nervous system stimulant medications can make you feel jittery and speed up your heartbeat. Theanine might work to slow down the nervous system. Taking theanine along with stimulant medications might decrease the effectiveness of stimulant medications.Some stimulant drugs include diethylpropion (Tenuate), epinephrine, phentermine (Ionamin), pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), and many others.
2-Amino-4- (ethylcarbamoyl) Butyric Acid, 5-N-ethylglutamine, Gamma-glutamylethylamide, L-Theanine, L-Théanine, N-Éthyl-L-Glutamine, Teanina, Théanine